Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Two - In the Dark

Finally a moment to myself. Very nice actually. The rain is dancing on my roof and skylight and giving me a sense of calm as I reflect on this day.

Philip is finishing up with the kids. "Get your pajamas on and don't forget to brush your teeth."

I was trying to determine if I did anything of significance today, anything creative or a moment that struck me with gratitude. Yes, there are a couple of moments that come to mind. Today, I watched my son play basketball and I am marveled by what his little body can do, he is a natural. Watching him run full speed with total glee as only a kid can.

Together Noah and I enjoyed the rain and had a quiet moment together in the car watching it bead on the sunroof in silence. That was it, in the moment with Noah. I was grateful.
Then we listened to a story about a football player on KNPR. I have no idea who this man is except that his body went through a beating and he is 51and grateful to still be here. Noah knows everything about this man on the field, all his stats and tonight he learned more about the man and what came after the sport.


Now, Ava comes in and interrupts my blog time, she presents me with a book " Labradors" and announces that we are going to read this book tonight!  She is so excited I have to smile and prepare to sign off.  I foresee another opportunity to be grateful.

Hopefully Philip and I can catch a movie after Ava goes down, I smell popcorn...




No comments:

Post a Comment